If, like me, you’re a little behind on your Christmas shopping then fear not, there’s still plenty of time to buy gifts for the travellers in your life. We’ve put together some of our favourite travel and gift ideas in one awesome gift guide to help make your festive buying that little bit easier. What are you hoping Santa leaves you under the Christmas tree this year?
Best Gifts for Mums & Babies
1.The Babyzen YOYO+ Frame, Black is the ultimate stroller for babies on the move. This lightweight pushchair coverts in seconds and folds up to hand luggage dimensions, meaning you can bring it on the plane…and almost anywhere else.
2. Even if the new mum in your life is not travelling at Christmas, give the gift of travel with this Mediterranean Travel Set from Diptyque.
3. Don’t let comfort get in the way of style; we love this stripy blue all-in-one that works for boys and girls.
4. New mums all need a little pampering, treat her to a bottle of Rose 31, the bestselling body lotion from New York based Le Labo.
5. If you’re looking for an alternative to the traditional nappy or diaper bag, then this functional and stylish backpack by the Honest Company is the answer. The wipe-clean lining is baby-proof and pockets galore can hold everything from wet wipes to bottles. There’s even space to slip in a changing mat.
6. Ergobaby Baby Carrierd are genius and such a comfortable way to carry your bub on the move.
7. How cute are these taco booties?! I only wish my youngest was still small enough to fit into them. Perfect for the sartorially savvy baby everywhere.
8. A wrap like this one by Madeleine Thompson makes the perfect gift for travelling mums. Ideal for midnight feeds, plane travel and almost any other situation we can think of!
Best Gifts for Kids
1. Top Trumps are a favourite in our household and we rarely travel without at least one set. For those unfamiliar with this very British card game, they come in a variety of themes (everything from Harry Potter to Deadly Animals) and you have to ‘trump’ your opponent based on various categories. We’re hoping for Top Trumps – Wonders of the World under our Christmas tree.
2. I love this Max the Monster backpack from J. Crew – perfect for travelling kids everywhere! Get one similar here.
3. Perfect for budding young photographers is the Nikon COOLPIX S33 Digital Camera that’s waterproof (up to 32 feet), shockproof and freezeproof! Comes in a range of colours.
4. A tough iPad holder like the iGuy Freestanding Case will keep any iPad safe from harm – this version fits all full-size iPads. Free-standing, kid-tested and with squeezable arms that make it fun to hold.
5. Airplane travel is never going to be comfy but these fun Travel Neck Rests by Skip Hop Zoo will help make the journey more comfortable.
6. Chart your travels with the deluxe edition of this scratch map by Luckies of London.
7. Although I’m still a fan of reading proper books, I’ve come to realise that carrying books for a family of five is an inefficient use of our baggage allowance! An Kindle Paperwhite E-reader is a great option for young readers and comes with excellent lighting for reading in low light or in the dark.
8. Perfect for home or travel are these Kidz Gear Wired Headphones designed for children 2 years and older.
9. My youngest is too little to handle a real camera (although he’d definitely like to!) so this classic camera by Fisher Price is a good alternative. Features interchangeable picture disks and a rotating flash cube.
Best Gifts for Her
1. How fun is this colourful pom pom hat?! I want one to take on my next trip!
2. I’m still not sure how I packed for a family of five before I discovered eBags Packing Cubes. The perfect gift for the traveller in your life.
3. Quite simply, Globe-Trotter make beautiful luggage. Be the most stylish person on the plane with their Cruise 21″ Trolley Case.
4. Make sure you know which is your bag at the airport with these colourful luggage tags
5. Every year I order a new Moleskin diary and a new Moleskine Classic Colored Notebook, perfect for remembering your travels.
6. Could there be a better coffee table book for travellers than Destinations of a Lifetime: 225 of the World’s Most Amazing Places by National Geographic?
7. Bring a touch of Mexico home with this beautifully embroidered Otomi pillow.
Best Tech Gifts
1. Possibly the best invention ever, the Bose Noise Cancelling Headphones mean you never have to hear your children – whether you’re travelling or not!
2. The JBL Flip 3 Portable Bluetooth Speaker is a great on-the-go gift. You can wirelessly connect up to three smartphones or tablets to the speaker.
3. To create Hollywood-standard videos (or at least videos good enough to be shown at home!) then you need the DJI Phone Camera Holder. It automatically smooths (and even cancels out) the movements you make.
4. I swear by my mophie Powerstation for making sure my phone is always charged.
5. The uber clever MEEM Memory for iPhone backs up as it charges your iPhone.
6. I’m still hoping that Santa brings me a GoPro HERO5 Black this year!
7. If you find your earphones are always getting tangled in the bottom of your bag or worse, are never in your bag when you need them, these Sound Pocket iPhone cases are a handy solution. iPhone 6+ | iPhone 6 | iPhone 5
Best Gifts for Him
1. I love these North Face Base Camp Duffel Bags. So much so, in fact, that we have one each in our family! They come in a four different sizes and a range of colours, meaning they’re easy to spot on the luggage carousel.
2. The Neolite Trek Camping Hammock is a great gift for travellers, particularly backpackers. Lightweight, strong and easy to pack, you can hang this up literally anywhere.
3. I’m thinking about getting one of these Bellroy All Conditions Wallet myself as they are ideal for travelling. You can keep your passport, tickets, cards, keys and more in this weather-proof wallet, and it looks stylish too!
4. Perfect for boy scouts everywhere is the Leatherman Charge TTI.
5. For coffee on the go you can’t go wrong with an Espro Stainless Travel Press.
6. Guaranteed to get you through any flight with kids is this Carry on Cocktail Kit. Choose your favourite cocktail (options include a Moscow Mule and a Champagne Cocktail among others) and away you go!
You May Also Enjoy the Following Posts