We were thrilled to be picked as one of mom.me’s 13 Traveling Families You Have to Follow on Instagram this week, particularly given the calibre of photographers included in this list. Some of the travelling families mentioned were already familiar to us but others were new and we’ve enjoyed spending the last couple of days pouring over their photos and planning future travels. The following are some of our favourite shots taken by our fellow family travellers. They all have so many more great photos to share, however, so if you’re not following them already then make sure to check them out!
We’ve long been fans of Ciao Bambino and have always enjoyed their hotel reviews, travel tips and family travel ethos. We also love their travel photos. This photo, taken in the Piazza del Duomo, in Florence, Italy, is not your typical family travel shot and that’s part of the reason we love it. That and the fact that one of us (Katja!) will be heading to Florence in December.
2) @hawkeyehuey We’re not sure why we haven’t come across Hawkeye Huey before now, particularly given that he’s got 85.9k followers on Instagram. He’s the 5-year-old sharp shooting son of National Geographic photographer Aaron Huey; one look at his photos and you’ll realise that the apple does not fall far from the tree! We love this photo of a curious-looking llama at a petting zoo near Zion National Park in Utah.
Sometimes you don’t even have to leave home to take a great travel snap, as evidenced by Carol Cain of Girl Gone Travel. One day I’d love a house and garden like this.
4) @travelingcanucks Dog-sledding is definitely on our travel wish list but for now we’ll live vicariously through Cam and Nicole of the Traveling Canucks. This couple take their two young boys almost everywhere with them, family travellers after our own hearts.
Caz and Craig of Y Travel Blog are on an indefinite road trip around Australia with their two girls. This photo, of Craig and his daughter Kalyra sandboarding down sand dunes in the Town of 1770 in Queensland, Australia, has to be one of our favourites.
6) @AndreaFellman of Savvy Sassy Moms and Wanderlust Living We regularly get wanderlust looking at Andrea Fellman’s Costa Rica photos – how good does Llana de Cortez look?! But Andrea’s Instgram feed also includes photos from Cuba, Guatemala, Nicaragua and other colourful destinations that we’d like to visit with our kids.
7) @tshoxenreider of TheArtofSimple.net
Who doesn’t love Harry Potter?! We also love how Tsh has come ready prepared with her Gryffindor scarf for the photo!
8) @walkingontravels Both Victoria and myself studied at Edinburgh University – although weirdly didn’t meet there – so these photos of a rainy, blustery, beautiful Scotland by Keryn of Walking on Travels have been a joy to follow!
Family ski holidays have to be one of the best. This shot by Jeana, of Surf and Sunshine, of her son Whistler learning to ski aged two is a great one!
10) @travelwithbender We love the photos that family travel pros Travel With Bender share, including this one of the rainbow waterslide at New Canggu Club in Bali, Indonesia. The Bender family – Josh, Erin, Mia and Caius – left Australia in 2012 and have been travelling pretty much ever since.
For some reason I’ve always imagined tubing to be a rowdy affair but judging by this photo by Stefanie Fauquet of Mommy Musings, it’s incredibly peaceful. The caribbean setting of Martha Brae River in Jamaica probably helps!
12) @lajollamom After seeing Katie Dillon’s photos you’ll never want to travel economy again! Katie, of La Jolla Mom, is an expert in luxury travel and luxury travel with kids and her photos are beautiful. Pictured here is a colourful ice cream from Sloan’s, a “newish luxury ice cream store” in San Diego, California.
And finally there’s us! We’re Katja and Victoria, two mums, five kids and a whole lot of luggage. We love adventurous family travel and truly believe that you can take your kids anywhere. Between us we’ve taken our children trekking in Nepal, tea tasting on a tea estate in Darjeeling, India, sailing in the San Blas islands in Panama, exploring Machu Picchu in Peru, beach-hopping along the southern coast of Sri Lanka and many more places besides.
PIN FOR LATER!
Are you on instagram too? Please share your instagram name with us below, together with your favourite account (it doesn’t have to be travel related!).