I first wrote about our experience with Flytographer in the summer, when I organised a photo shoot for the family in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada. As I wrote at the time, despite much grumbling and protestations from my husband, even he agreed that the photos taken by our photographer, Leanna, turned out brilliantly.
Flytographer, is a Canadian company that was launched in 2013 by Nicole Smith, a former Microsoft Marketing Manager and consultant-turned-entrepreneur. The company aims to pair travellers with local photographers around the world and today they have over 250 carefully curated professional photographers in destinations around the world. Here’s a full list of the destinations they cover.
We were so pleased with our experience that we decided to organise another shoot last Christmas, this time as a present for my mother-in-law who was turning 70. My husband’s family are somewhat scattered; we live in Mexico City, his eldest sister and her family were, until recently, living in Bangladesh (they now live in France) and his parents and younger sister are based in the UK. As such, it’s not often that we all gather together.
However, given the auspicious occasion, we all gathered at a beautiful villa for a week in Florence, Italy….and had our photos taken! To say that Sarah, my mother-in-law, was pleased would be an understatement. The photos that our photographer Emma took were fantastic and made for a truly memorable birthday present.
Your Chance to Win!
And we have good news! Flytographer have given us three gift certificates worth US$50 each that can be used for a photo shoot anywhere in the world! Book a shoot for your kids, for your family, for you and your other half or as a gift!
The rules are very simple, just head over to Instagram and follow these easy steps:
- Follow both of us on Instagram – @globetotting and @flytographer
- Like the Flytographer photo featured, of all the cousins running (below)
- Tell us in the comments section on Instagram, which destination you would choose for your photo shoot and why (take another look at the list of destinations here)
What you need to know
- You may enter multiple times.
- The contest will run from February 5th and will end on February 26th.
- The three winners will be picked randomly and we will announce it on our Instagram.
- The winners will each receive a US $50 gift certificate to use on any new booking placed before March 31st (the gift certificates are valid for bookings until March 31st 2016, however shoots can take place after this date).
- The competition is open to everyone and the gift certificates can be used for a booking in any destination around the world.
You May Also Enjoy the Following Posts:
Pin for later!
Bookmark this post by adding the image below to one of your Pinterest boards (hover over the image, or tap on it if using a mobile device and click on Pin It)